You’re not ready for autumn unless you have a pumpkin succulent arrangement on your table! This past weekend at our Planting for Fall presentation we demonstrated how to make one of these cute pumpkin arrangements, and guess what, it’s pretty easy! So gather your friends, light a pumpkin candle, bring out your cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes and create your own succulent arrangements!
- Start with a clean pumpkin, your succulents, some moss, a hot glue gun and garden clippers. Note: A variety of succulents in different shapes, sizes and colors adds interest to the arrangement!
- Add hot glue to the top of the pumpkin around the stem. Place the moss on the hot glue until a majority of the top is covered.
- Using your clippers, take small cuttings from a variety of succulents for the top of the pumpkin.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the bottom of the stem of the cut succulents. Note: you may need to gently remove a few of the leaves near the bottom of the stem if they seem to be in the way.
- Working with the larger stems first, begin to hot glue and tuck/arrange the plants into the moss. Continue with the medium size clippings, and lastly with the smallest one.
- Once you’ve finished glueing, make sure everything looks perfect and adjust the moss as needed to fill in gaps. You’re done!